A Classic Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe. Soft & Chewy.
Peanut butter cookies! This is another recipe I got from my aunt a long time ago & it’s one of my favorites. This is one cookie that I never tire of eating. I’m pretty sure I could eat these everyday for the rest of my life & still not get sick of them. I make this recipe way too often because I love it that much.
This recipe is easy to make & the cookies always turn out the same every time, I wish I could say the same about every cookie recipe I’ve tried. ;) I think it’s important to use melted butter with this recipe, if I only use softened butter (room temperature) then these cookies don’t have quite the same texture. These cookies are sweet but full of peanut butter flavor & they are soft which I love.
Makes about 2 1/2 dozen cookies (I usually end up with about 32 cookies).
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, melted (microwave for 25-30 seconds)
- ½ cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl add sugar, brown sugar, & butter together & stir until creamy. Add peanut butter, egg, & vanilla & stir until smooth & creamy.
- Add flour & baking soda & stir until well combined.
- Scoop or roll dough into 1 inch balls & place on ungreased cookie sheets. Flatten each ball using a fork making a criss-cross pattern on top.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until edges start to slightly brown. (Don't over bake or your cookies will turn out hard).