A Classic Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe. Soft & Chewy.
Peanut butter cookies! This is another recipe I got from my aunt a long time ago & it’s one of my favorites. This is one cookie that I never tire of eating. I’m pretty sure I could eat these everyday for the rest of my life & still not get sick of them. I make this recipe way too often because I love it that much.
This recipe is easy to make & the cookies always turn out the same every time, I wish I could say the same about every cookie recipe I’ve tried. ;) I think it’s important to use melted butter with this recipe, if I only use softened butter (room temperature) then these cookies don’t have quite the same texture. These cookies are sweet but full of peanut butter flavor & they are soft which I love.
Makes about 2 1/2 dozen cookies (I usually end up with about 32 cookies).
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, melted (microwave for 25-30 seconds)
- ½ cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl add sugar, brown sugar, & butter together & stir until creamy. Add peanut butter, egg, & vanilla & stir until smooth & creamy.
- Add flour & baking soda & stir until well combined.
- Scoop or roll dough into 1 inch balls & place on ungreased cookie sheets. Flatten each ball using a fork making a criss-cross pattern on top.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until edges start to slightly brown. (Don't over bake or your cookies will turn out hard).
Thank you for this recipe! These cookies are wonderfully soft, and they stayed soft stored in an air tight container. My husband and two little grandsons love them. I’m going to have to double the recipe next time.
Hi Barbara, I’m so glad the cookies turned out for you. It’s one of my favorite recipes. Thanks for taking the time to comment, we appreciate it.