My best friend Heather loves her Peeps, so I made this for her on her birthday yesterday. I made two because she is gluten free, so for one I used King Arthur’s gluten free brownie mix and for the other I used the Ghirardelli mix. The King Arthur’s did not come with icing, so I made a chocolate ganache. Then the peeps are gluten free. These are so easy to make and super cute. I will be making them again for our Easter Brunch. I can’t decide if I like the peeps facing up or down.
Peeps Sunflower Brownies
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 small box of brownies with frosting (should fit 9x9 pan)
- 20 peeps
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips
- parchment paper
- follow directions on brownie box (except you will use round pan)
- line a round cake pan with parchment paper
- bake as directed on box
- let cool
- flip upside down onto a plate, peel off parchment paper
- put frosting/icing on the top of the brownies
- place peeps around the outside of the brownies
- put mini chips in center of brownies
- put regular chocolate chips around the outside of the mini ones
This post contains amazon affiliate links.
This was a fun dessert to make. One thing I noticed after I’d placed my Peeps was that the “tails” were less pointy than yours. Next time I’ll try to pay closer attention to the shape of the tails when I’m making my selection. :-)
I will have to watch out for that next time too :)
How should I cut this to serve, like a pie or in squares?
Hi Kay. I always cut it like a pie, but feel free to cut it however you like.
I made this last year and it was a big hit
Hi Lori. I’m so glad you liked it :)
Carole Anne says
What frosting did you use??
My brownie mix came with frosting, but you could just grab a can of chocolate frosting at the store.
Can it be made the day before and covered? Or will peeps harden? Can’t wait to try this!
Hi, I think if you covered it real well it would be okay. You could always make the brownies the day before and put it together the day of. Happy Easter!
Thank you! I am hosting 20 people so I think I will make tonight and hope for the best!! Happy Easter!