Before I found this recipe, I tried so many times to make baby back ribs and they always turned out terrible. I tried grilling and broiling and they were always tough. Then I found this recipe and I thought no way, this is too easy. Then I made them and they turned out perfect. My husband, my best friend and her husband all loved them. Now when they are on sale at the grocery store my friend calls me and tells me to stock up since we make them all the time.
Easy Baby Back Ribs
Recipe type: Main
- 1 rack baby back ribs
- 2 cups barbecue sauce
- cut ribs into 3 pieces
- tear 3 pieces of foil large enough to cover each section
- put ¼ cup bbq sauce in middle of foil
- set one section of ribs on top of sauce
- put another ¼ cup of bbq sauce on top of ribs
- wrap foil so it's covered completely
- do this with the other 2 pieces
- set on rimmed baking sheet
- refrigerate 5 to 24 hours
- preheat oven to 300
- leave wrapped in foil on cookie sheet and bake for 2½ hours
- take out of oven and unwrap
- take ribs out of foil and place back on baking sheet
- brush with bbq sauce and broil for 5 min.
Jason England says
Wow that does sound easy. I love tender juicy ribs but always figured it would be too hard to get them that way at home. Now I can’t wait for some ribs to go on sale so I can try it out. Two and a half hours seems like a really long time though, how many pounds of ribs are we talking about?
2 1/2 hours does seem long, but since it’s cooking at a low temp they turn out perfect. It doesn’t matter how many pounds, just get as many racks of baby back ribs as you need and cut each into 3 sections. Hope this helps and thanks for asking!