This stuff is amazing, and so easy to make. It’s called Christmas Crack, but I make it all year round.
Chocolate Sweet and Salty Bars Recipe aka Christmas Crack
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 sleeve of saltine crackers
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate
- sprinkles optional
- preheat the oven to 425 degrees .
- line a large cookie sheet that has sides with aluminum foil
- spray generously with nonstick spray
- place saltines in a single layer on the baking sheet
- in a medium saucepan, melt the butter and brown sugar together and boil for a few min. until it turns a caramel color
- remove from the heat and pour mixture over the crackers, covering evenly.
- put in the oven and bake for 3 to 5 minutes, or until just bubbling
- remove from the oven and sprinkle chocolate chips over the crackers
- wait for the chips to melt
- spread them over the crackers with a knife
- add sprinkles if you want
- put the pan in the refrigerator for about 30 min. or until completely cold and chocolate has set. they will form one big sheet
- use a pizza cutter to cut them or break up into piece
- store in an airtight container.