I was going to a girls night and decided to bring the chocolate covered pretzel peanut butter balls, but I have a friend who is gluten free. That is when I decided to make these to take along for her. I personally like these better, but my husband disagrees and likes the other ones best.
They are really easy to make and totally kid friendly. My daughter helped roll the peanut butter balls in the mini chocolate chips.
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup peanut butter
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1½ cups powdered sugar
- 2 cups mini chocolate chips (divided)
- in medium size bowl mix butter,peanut butter, vanilla, powdered sugar and ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- add the other 1½ cups mini chocolate chips to a soup bowl
- mix until well blended
- shape dough into ½ inch round balls
- roll dough in mini chocolate chips
- press chips into dough
- place on a cookie sheet and refrigerate for 2 hours