These is no better bread stick than this!!!! It’s better than Olive Garden, Fazoli’s, or any restaurant that you have tried. They are also super easy if you have a bread machine. I made these for the first time about 2 weeks ago and I have already made them 3 more times.
I warmed the water for 45 seconds in the microwave. The butter that’s added into the bread machine was microwaved for 25 seconds, it was half solid and half melted.
When they are done, I’m pretty generous with the melted butter that gets brushing on top.
I use my bread machine to make the dough but you can make the dough by hand or using a mixer. It just needs to be kneaded/mixed for 5-10 minutes no matter which method you choose to use. Then you can roll out the dough & cut it into strips. I usually use a rolling pin to roll out the dough to help speed up the process. I like to roll out my dough on a large cutting board so I can use my pizza cutter to cut it into strips quickly.
- 1 cup of warm water
- ¼ cup soft butter
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2½ teaspoons quick rise yeast
- 3 tablespoon melted butter
- garlic salt
- parmesan cheese
- microwave a cup of cool water for 45 seconds
- butter should be very soft
- in bread machine add warm water, soft butter, and brown sugar
- then add the flour, salt and yeast
- set your bread machine to pizza dough or dough cycle
- roll out on floured surface to a 12x12 square
- cut the square in half and then cut 1 inch thick strips, so each stick should be about 1x6 inches
- place on greased cookie sheet about an inch apart
- let rise for 20-30 min
- bake at 375 degrees regular (or if you have a convection setting bake at 350 for 8-10min)
- bake for 10-15 min
- brush with melted butter, then sprinkle lightly with garlic salt and parmesan cheese
Milly Delnevo says
Just made these and it made 24 which is double the amount i wanted but they were really nice!
Hi Milly! Glad you liked them. This recipe does make a big batch, it usually makes 18 for me.
Michael D says
Making them tonight, but bet they will be great. The only issue I have is with garlic salt. I will use just regular garlic powder to kee the sodium intake low
Hi Michael. Sometimes I use garlic powder too, I just grab what ever garlic bottle is up front in my spice cabinet at the time. Hope you like them :)
I made these as breadsticks yesterday and they were really good, but my husband suggested making them as rolls. I made them as rolls today and they taste just like one of the chain restaurants who are known for their rolls. I left off the garlic and parmesan cheese and used their cinnamon honey butter recipe and this recipe made incredible rolls. Will definitely make them again! Thanks for sharing.
Hi Beth, I’m so glad you like them! I will have to try them as rolls, ands I love the honey butter idea!
I don’t have a bread machine. Could you please direct me, how long to knead with dough hook etc. thank you
Hi Kate, Add the ingredients to a mixing bowl as the directions state, then after mixing the ingredients together as much as you can move the dough to a floured surface and knead the dough by hand for 10-15 minutes. Thanks.