These is no better bread stick than this!!!! It’s better than Olive Garden, Fazoli’s, or any restaurant that you have tried. They are also super easy if you have a bread machine. I made these for the first time about 2 weeks ago and I have already made them 3 more times.
I warmed the water for 45 seconds in the microwave. The butter that’s added into the bread machine was microwaved for 25 seconds, it was half solid and half melted.
When they are done, I’m pretty generous with the melted butter that gets brushing on top.
I use my bread machine to make the dough but you can make the dough by hand or using a mixer. It just needs to be kneaded/mixed for 5-10 minutes no matter which method you choose to use. Then you can roll out the dough & cut it into strips. I usually use a rolling pin to roll out the dough to help speed up the process. I like to roll out my dough on a large cutting board so I can use my pizza cutter to cut it into strips quickly.
- 1 cup of warm water
- ¼ cup soft butter
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2½ teaspoons quick rise yeast
- 3 tablespoon melted butter
- garlic salt
- parmesan cheese
- microwave a cup of cool water for 45 seconds
- butter should be very soft
- in bread machine add warm water, soft butter, and brown sugar
- then add the flour, salt and yeast
- set your bread machine to pizza dough or dough cycle
- roll out on floured surface to a 12x12 square
- cut the square in half and then cut 1 inch thick strips, so each stick should be about 1x6 inches
- place on greased cookie sheet about an inch apart
- let rise for 20-30 min
- bake at 375 degrees regular (or if you have a convection setting bake at 350 for 8-10min)
- bake for 10-15 min
- brush with melted butter, then sprinkle lightly with garlic salt and parmesan cheese