Well everyone loves Oreo Dirt Cake, but it’s even better when it’s double chocolate! You can adapt this recipe for any holiday or birthday and just decorate accordingly. This recipe is very easy and yummy.
Double Chocolate Oreo Halloween Dirt Cake Recipe
- 1 pack of Oreo cookies
- 1 package 8oz of cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup soft butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups milk
- 1 tub of cool whip
- 2 boxes Instant chocolate pudding 3.4 oz (you can use vanilla if you want)
- candy corn pumpkins and sprinkles
- crush the cookies, I used a food processor
- in large bowl mix cream cheese, butter, sugar and vanilla until fluffy
- in another bowl, whisk milk and pudding until thick
- add pudding mixture into cream cheese mixture and mix until combined
- fold in cool whip until well blended
- add half the filling into 9x13 dish
- top with half the crushed oreos
- add the other half the filling and top with remaining oreo crumbs
- decorate with candy corn pumpkins, sprinkles or what ever else you want
Kim Hill says
Can this be refrigerated after you make it
Hi Kim. Yes it can be refrigerated for a few days after you make it. You may want to add the candy corn when you serve so they don’t run or get mushy.
If I want to also use vanilla pudding would I split up the milk between the chocolate & vanilla?
Hi Jessie. Yes split the milk. Then you will need to split the cream cheese mixture and the cool whip too. Good idea about doing both chocolate and vanilla, I will have to try it!
So if I made this tonight, would it still be good come tomorrow night for my party?
Sorry I just saw this. Yes it will save well in the fridge.