I never buy the giant cookies at the store for my daughter because they are so expensive and they taste like cardboard. While at a friends house watching football (Notre Dame) of course, my daughter tried some of the giant cookie that someone had brought. She thought it was so cool and good, so I knew I had to find a recipe for one.
The day I decided to make this my daughter was starving late in the afternoon and asked if she could have a mini candy bar for a snack. I told her to have something healthy now, because I was making the giant cookie for dessert after dinner. Of course she doesn’t listen to me and chooses the candy bar. Then the cookie was cooling on the table and I tell her to go look at it, she tells me that it doesn’t look that good anyways. Seriously!!!! After taunting her the rest of the afternoon and telling her how good it tasted while I was eating a slice, I let her try a small piece after dinner. She loved it!
I adapted this recipe slightly from divascancook.com and I have to admit its very good and soft.
- 1½ sticks melted butter (12 tablespoons)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2¼ cups flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup of chocolate chips and/or M&M's
- preheat oven to 325 degrees
- line a pizza pan with parchment paper
- in large bowl mix together butter, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla
- in small bowl mix together flour, salt, and baking soda
- slowly add the flour mixture to the butter mixture
- fold in chocolate chips and M&M's
- spread dough onto cookie sheet staying 1-2 inches from the edge
- bake for 13-15 mins.
- let cool and serve