Ever since I split a slice of peanut butter pie with my friends at a girls night I have been craving more. I have a recipe for a peanut butter pie that I really like but I was really needing something chocolate that day too, that is how this recipe came to be.
The peanut butter filling is rich and creamy and there is just the right amount of chocolate.
Again, I am lazy so I just used a refrigerated pie crust from the grocery store. I followed the directions on the pie crust box and baked it first, then made the fillings. This recipe was a big hit in my house and think I will be making it again for Thanksgiving.
- 1 regular pie crust already cooked
- 1¼ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- 1 cream cheese 8oz softened
- 1½ cups confectioners sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup milk
- 1 package of cool whip (16 oz)
- bake pie crust as directed or from scratch
- on stovetop in small pan heat heavy cream on medium heat
- just as it starts to boil remove from heat and add chocolate chips
- mix until combined and pour in bottom of pie crust
- freeze for 15 mins
- beat together cream cheese and sugar
- mix in peanut butter and milk until smooth
- fold in cool whip
- remove pie from freezer and add peanut butter filling over chocolate
- freeze for 1-2 hours until firm then serve and refrigerate
- (optional) sprinkle with chocolate chips, peanuts, or drizzle with chocolate