Nothing says “I love you” like a giant heart shaped chocolate chip cookie for Valentine’s Day :) It’s really easy to make and you can decorate it any way you want to, and add chocolate chips and/or M&M’s.
If your anti Valentine’s Day you could always make one like this:
Make sure you stay a few inches away from the edges since it will spread a little. It should be about 3/4 inch thick before cooked.
- 1½ sticks melted butter (12 tablespoons)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2¼ cups flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup of chocolate chips and/or M&M's
- preheat oven to 325 degrees
- line a pizza pan with parchment paper
- in large bowl mix together butter, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla
- in small bowl mix together flour, salt, and baking soda
- slowly add the flour mixture to the butter mixture
- fold in chocolate chips and M&M's
- spread dough onto cookie sheet and flatten staying 1-2 inches away from edge and shape into a heart.
- bake for 13-15 mins.
- let cool and serve