Valentine’s Day Heart Shaped Peanut Butter Cookies (No Cookie Cutter Required)
Since Valentine’s Day is coming up I figured this was the perfect time to share with you how easy it is to make heart shaped peanut butter cookies! I love peanut butter! Seriously peanut butter cookies are definitely in my top 3 list for favorite kinds of cookies! So for this post I took my favorite peanut butter cookie recipe that my aunt gave me years ago & I made them into heart shapes. It’s really quite simple. No cookie cutter required & no rolling out dough either.
You start by scooping out some dough & rolling it into a ball. Next use the bottom of a glass (which can be dipped in sugar to keep the dough from sticking) & press the cookie down.
Top form the top of the heart take a butter knife or the handle of a fork & cut into the top center & move the dough outward to the right & left to form a “V” shape.
Now take your thumb & index finger & pinch the bottom of the cookie to make the bottom “V” shape of the heart. You can use your hands to perfect the heart shape a little. (I had to touch up the top of the heart on some so it wasn’t pointy).
Now take a fork & press the dough down making a criss-cross on the heart. Now they are ready to bake.
Be careful these peanut butter cookies can be very addicting! ;)
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup (1 stick) salted butter, melted (microwave for 25-30 seconds)
- ½ cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl add sugar, brown sugar, & melted butter, stir until creamy. Add peanut butter, egg, & vanilla, stir until smooth & creamy.
- Add flour & baking soda & stir until well combined.
- Scoop or roll dough into 1½ inch balls & place on ungreased cookie sheets. Flatten each ball using the bottom of a glass (coated in sugar).
- To make the top of the heart use a butter knife or the handle of fork to cut into the top center of dough. Press it outwards to the right & left to make the "V" shape.
- Use your thumb & index finger to pinch the bottom of the dough to make the bottom "V" shape of the heart. You can use your hands to perfect the heart shape if needed.
- Take a fork & press the dough down on each side making a criss-cross on the heart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Be careful not to over bake them or your cookies will turn out hard.