Here in Northern Indiana Chocolate Charlie Candy is a big deal and has been for as long as I can remember. They only make this candy during the holiday season and in our area. It has chocolate, peanuts, marshmallow and shredded coconut……YUM! I searched for copy cat recipes for this and was surprised that there were no recipes that even came close. I did my best guess and it turned out great! My husband said it was just like Chocolate Charlie, but better since it was fresh.
I would recommend using the food processor on the coconut, in the real candy it is very fine coconut.
I hope you enjoy this as much as my family and I did.
- 1 pack of white almond bark 20 oz.
- 1 bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips 12 oz (Ghirardelli preferred)
- 1 cup of bittersweet chocolate chips (Ghirardelli preferred)
- 1 cup of shredded coconut
- 1½ cup roasted peanuts
- 2 cups of large marshmallows
- 2 cups of mini marshmallows
- put the almond bark and both kinds of chocolate chips in a crockpot on LOW for 45 mins.
- when 45 mins. is up stir until combined
- while chocolate is melting put the shredded coconut in a food processor for about 1 min.
- line 2 pie pans with parchment paper on the bottom
- turn off crockpot and add peanuts and coconut, stir until combined
- add marshmallows, stir quickly and put even amounts in the two pie pans
- tap pans on counter top to get out air bubbles
- refrigerate for 1 hour or until set
- it's best at room temperature and does not need to be refrigerated, store in sealed container