I kept seeing the vanilla eggs like this on Pinterest, so I made my own. Of course I had to make CHOCOLATE ones, and I used my favorite chocolate chip cookie dough recipe. I love that there is no baking, just freezing, so easy!! These have been tested by my husband and he approves very much!
I used my cookie scooper and put them on the cookie sheet. Then I shaped them into the eggs….. freeze for at least 2 hours. I melted the chocolate almond bark and dipped the eggs in with a fork, don’t forget to give them a shake to get the extra chocolate off. Once they have set, break the extra chocolate off the edges.
Add the food coloring to the white almond bark and drizzle it on with a fork. (a spoon did not work too well)
If you can’t find Almond Bark at the grocery store you can also use Candiquik, most stores carry one or the other.
- ½ cup soft butter
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cups flour
- 2 teaspoons milk
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- chocolate almond bark ( I used about ¾ of a 24oz package)
- white almond bark ( I used 6 squares of a 24 oz package)
- food coloring
- In large bowl cream together butter and brown sugar. Add vanilla, salt, flour, milk and powdered sugar. Mix until well combined, add chocolate chips.
- Scoop dough into 1 inch balls and shape into eggs on a parchment paper lined pan.
- Freeze for at least 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, melt the chocolate almond bark according to the package.
- Dip each frozen egg into the chocolate, shake off extra and put on parchment paper, let dry.
- Melt white almond bark and add food coloring, then drizzle over chocolate egg using a fork.
- I used 2 squares of almond bark and 1 drop of food coloring for each color I made.
This post contains amazon affiliate links.
*Eating raw flour has become a concern for some people. People have been trying the microwave method to heat flour to 160 F. degrees, I have not tried it. Disclaimer: Make & eat at your own risk.