A Classic Coffee Cake Recipe with a delectable streusel topping.
I don’t know about you but one of my favorite things to have for breakfast is coffee cake. I love this recipe because it has loads of crumb topping. The cake is topped with a crunchy cinnamon streusel. If you love crumb topping then I think this coffee cake will have the perfect cake to crumb topping ratio for you! The cake itself stays super moist with all the yogurt & sour cream in it. The first time I made this recipe I knew it was a keeper!
I have 3 coffee cake recipes that I love making. Which one I make really just depends on my mood & what sounds the best at the moment. My favorites are: Streusel Coffee Cake, Sour Cream Coffee Cake, & New York Style Crumb Cake. They are all amazing & they all have one thing in common: lots of crumb topping!
- ⅔ cup all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 5 tbsp. butter, melted (I used salted)
- 2 tbsp. butter, softened (I used salted)
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup vanilla or plain yogurt
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- Make the topping first. Mix flour, sugar, brown sugar, & cinnamon together in a bowl. Add melted butter & mix until dry crumb mixture forms. Place in the refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 8x8" square baking dish.
- Make the cake: Using an electric mixer, cream butter & sugar together. Add in egg.
- In a separate bowl mix sour cream, yogurt, & vanilla together. In another bowl sift flour, baking powder, & baking soda together.
- Add sour cream mixture to the butter/sugar & mix. Then add in flour mixture & mix until smooth.
- Pour into prepared dish. Take the topping out of the frig & crumble between your fingers onto the top of batter.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.