My friend Barb tells me that she made some blueberry cookies, says they were okay but not great. Then she emails me the recipe and asked me to “fix it” lol. Challenge accepted. I changed up the recipe and took them over to her and she really liked the new recipe.
While I was mixing these up my daughter walked in and asked what I was making, I told her. Then she says she doesn’t like blueberry cookies. An hour later they are cooling on the counter top, she walks up and asks if she can have one. I let her, then she’s like these are so good! Of course I had to say, oh I thought you didn’t like blueberry cookies ;)
By the way they look pretties with a little powdered sugar sprinkled on the top.
- ½ cup soft butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice (optional)
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups fresh blueberries
- powered sugar for sprinkling over tops
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In large bowl mix cream together butter, sugar, eggs and sour cream. Then mix in almond, vanilla and lemon. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt together in small bowl. Slowly add in flour mixture. Fold in blueberries.
- Drop by dough by tablespoon onto ungreased cookies sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, sprinkle with powder sugar while cooling.