APPLE CIDER DONUT MUFFINS!!!!
It’s time for Fall Baking!! I went to the grocery store and bought a bag of apples, apple cider and some pumpkin puree, and didn’t even having a recipe in mind. I decided on the apple cider and Donut Muffins, you can’t really go wrong by mixing the two :)
Don’t forget to grease your mini muffin pans really well, then fill them 2/3 or a little more full. Bake, let cool for a few mins. then pull them out (a butter knife worked great). Then dip them in the melted butter or you can brush them with butter. Dip them in the bowl mixed with cinnamon and sugar, then serve. Easy and super YUMMY!!
A few other options: You could make these in regular muffins pans, they would just need to bake longer. Another option, just dip the tops of the muffins in the butter and sugar. If you do this then you could use paper liners in your pans. But I think that they are great just the way they are.
- 2 cups flour
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¾ cup apple cider
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup milk
- ¾ cup melted butter
- 1½ cups sugar &1 teaspoon ground cinnamon combined
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, GREASE the mini muffin pans
- Combine dry ingredients, flour, sugars, baking powder, salt and cinnamon in medium bowl. Combine wet ingredients, apple cider, egg, 2 tablespoons butter, vanilla and milk in large bowl. Slowly add the dry ingredients into the large bowl. Mix until well combined.
- Fill greased muffin tins about ⅔ the way full with the batter. Bake at 350 for 12-14 mins.
- Let cool in the pan for about 2 mins, then use a butter knife to get them out and put them of cooling rack for about 5 mins.
- TOPPING: Dip each muffin in the ¾ cup melted butter, give it a shake and them dip/roll in the sugar cinnamon mixture. Serve.