When my friends see a recipe they like, it usually gets posted to my Facebook page. I take that as a hint that they want me to make the recipe for them :)
We were having a girls night at the neighbors and I decided I was going to make the German Chocolate Cake Cookies from “A Dash of Sanity” blog (it had been posted on my Facebook page earlier that week).
Then I started feeling lazy……when I was in the baking section at the grocery store I saw a box of german chocolate cake mix and then the can of coconut pecan frosting.
I turned the cake mix into cookies, tossed on some frosting and drizzled them with chocolate…. SUPER EASY!! Plus they were a big hit with my friends, husband, and daughter!!
- 1 Box of German Chocolate Cake Mix (15.25 oz)
- ⅓ Cup Vegetable Oil
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Cups Milk Chocolate Chips (divided)
- 1 Can of Coconut Pecan Frosting (15.5 oz)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In medium bowl mix the cake mix, eggs, oil and 1 cup of the chocolate chips until well combined. Drop by spoonful onto ungreased cookie sheets, then press down with the back of the spoon to flatten them a little. Should make about 24 cookies. Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 mins. let cool on pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack.
- When cookies are cool, melt the remaining chocolate chips in the microwave 30 seconds at a time & stir, (don't overcook, they will turn hard) do this until they are smooth.
- Add spoonfuls of frosting to the cookies and spread around, then drizzle with melted chocolate chips.