These are so easy to make and the 4 ingredients it takes are ones that most people should have on hand. These also have no egg, so if you know someone with an egg allergy these would be great to bake for them.
My sister didn’t feel very good last week, so I made her these sugar cookies. I chose this recipe because I was out of eggs. Since they were just for her, I made a half batch in an 8×8 pan. If you decide to only make a half batch they get done a lot faster, only cook them for 22-25 mins.
- 1 cup soft butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- ½ cup sugar
- 2½ cups flour
- additional sugar to sprinkle on top
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees
- Cream butter, sugar and vanilla together. Add flour and mix until it all sticks together.
- Press dough into 9x13 pan. Sprinkle top with a few tablespoons of sugar and tilt pan so sugar coats it all. Take a fork and poke holes all over the top.
- Bake for 32-35 mins, just until the edges start to get slightly golden.
- Let cool before serving.