Vanilla Funfetti Halloween Cupcakes made from scratch!
My sister was out of town so I was babysitting my niece this past weekend & we decided we wanted to bake something. I was giving my niece a few options like cookies, cake, etc. I told her how I was thinking about making a Halloween Funfetti Cake & she said how about cupcakes. I said sure & so we decided to make these!
I used my favorite vanilla cupcake recipe because it makes really moist cupcakes with lots of vanilla flavor. It’s really simple to turn your favorite vanilla cupcake recipe into a Halloween style treat. You just need some black & orange sprinkles & some orange food coloring.
If your going to pipe the frosting on like I did you might have to make a second batch of frosting. Usually I just frost cupcakes with a knife but when you pipe the frosting it takes more to frost each cupcake.
- 1¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup soybean oil or vegetable oil
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup milk (I used 2%)
- Black & Orange Sprinkles
- -For Frosting-
- 3½ tablespoons heavy whipping creme or milk
- 2½ cups powdered sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Orange Food Coloring
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake pan with paper liners.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, & salt & mix together. In another bowl cream sugar & butter together with electric mixer until light & fluffy.
- Add in eggs, oil, sour cream, milk & vanilla. Slowly add in flour mixture & mix until well combined.
- Add in sprinkles & gently stir into batter.
- Fill cupcake liners ½ full. Bake for 14-16 minutes. Insert toothpick in center of a cupcake until it comes out clean or you can gently tap the top of the cupcake with your finger, if it springs back its done.
- Remove from oven & let cool in pan for a few minutes then move to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- For Frosting: Combine ingredients & beat on medium speed with mixer until the consistence you want has been reached. Add a little extra whipping cream or milk if you want the frosting thinner or add more powered sugar to thicken it.