It really doesn’t get any easier than this. My 9 year old daughter made these all by herself today and the house smells wonderful!!! These muffins are moist and fluffy.
This recipe calls for Pumpkin Pie Mix NOT plain Pumpkin Puree.
Let me give you a few options: You can use spiced cake mix instead of white, but then you need to use plain pumpkin puree, not pie mix. Option 2: Use white/yellow cake and use pumpkin puree, then add in 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice. (If you don’t have pumpkin pie spice then add 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon ginger, 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg)
You can eat them plain, add in chocolate chips, raisins, or nuts. I love topping them with my Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe!
- 1 box of white or yellow cake mix
- 1 can of pumpkin pie mix (15 oz)
- 1 cup of chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease or line muffin tin.
- In large bowl mix the cake mix and pumpkin pie mix in bowl until well combined (add chocolate chips if you want them). Fill muffin tin ¾ the way full of batter. Bake for 18-22 mins. Let cool.