My friend Jolynn and I always sit around trying to come up with new recipes for the blog and with Thanksgiving coming up we started talking cranberry. She came up with the idea of a cranberry sauce poke cake and I’m so glad she did because it’s great!!
Plus easy: Bake the cake, melt the cranberry sauce, pour over top, refrigerate and add whipped topping… done!
It looks very pretty too once it’s cut into pieces.
I used the cranberry sauce with the whole berries, but I suppose you could you the cranberry sauce without the berries and it would work great too.
Use the top of a wooden spoon to poke the holes.
- 1 white or yellow cake mix baked according to box
- 1 can of whole cranberry sauce
- 1 whipped topping 8 oz.
- Bake cake according to box. Let cool. Take the top side of a wooden spoon and poke holes all around the cake.
- Heat cranberry sauce in small sauce pan on the stove over medium heat until it turns into more of a liquid than gel. Pour spoonfuls of cranberry sauce into the holes in the cake. Chill for an hour.
- Spread whipped topping on cake, then serve or refrigerate.
Leave a Comment