Green Bean Casserole with No Mushroom Soup in it. There are a few people in my family who don’t like mushrooms (including my daughter) so I decided to try a new recipe this year. I love the original green bean casserole, but I like this one just as much. It’s just as easy as the other recipe too.
This recipe can easily be cut in half for a small family too.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup sour cream
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 cans of green beans regular or french (drained)
- 1 can of french fried onions 2.8 oz
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In medium sauce pan melt butter over medium heat. Whisk in flour until smooth and cook 2 mins. Stir in garlic and onion powder, worcestershire sauce, sour cream, mayo and cheese. Mix well and then stir in beans and HALF of the french fried onions. Add to an oven safe dish and bake for 20 mins. then add the remaining onions to the top and put back in the oven and bake for an additional 10 mins.