Easy Christmas Peanut Butter Cookies using mini Christmas cookie cutters & sprinkles!
The count down to Christmas is on. How did Christmas creep up so fast? I’d love to say I was one of those people that has my Christmas shopping done by June…but I’m not. I’m still looking for the perfect presents for people on my list, hoping to find something before I run out of time. I love shopping for Christmas gifts for other people though. What’s that saying: “it’s far better to give than to receive”. How true!
Sugar cookies are hands down my favorite kind of cookie, my sister on the other hand would say that Chocolate Chip cookies are her favorite. However my second favorite cookie is peanut butter. I’ve been trying to brainstorm how I could make a Christmas style peanut butter cookie & this morning I finally came up with the answer. I used my go to peanut butter cookie recipe that I make all the time & I used mini Wilton cookie cutters. I just placed them on top of each cookie & sprinkled the inside of the cookie cutter with colorful sprinkles. So easy!
PS. No rolling out dough for this recipe! You just roll the peanut butter dough into balls & use the bottom of a glass to press them down.
I used mini Christmas cookie cutters to make these cookies. I just placed them on top of the cookie, pressed them down slightly (to leave an outline), put sprinkles inside & removed the cookie cutter.
Amazon has the Wilton Mini Christmas Cookie Cutters & Target had them online & in stores too.
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, softened (microwave for 25-30 seconds)
- ½ cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- +Sprinkles for decorating
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl add sugar, brown sugar, & butter together & stir until creamy. Add peanut butter, egg, & vanilla & stir until smooth & creamy.
- Add flour & baking soda & stir until well combined.
- Scoop or roll dough into 2 inch balls & place on ungreased cookie sheets. Flatten each ball using the bottom of a glass dipped in sugar to about ¼" thick. Place mini Christmas cookie cutter in the center & coat with sprinkles, remove cookie cutter & repeat with rest of cookies.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until edges start to slightly brown.
Links to 2 different Wilton Mini Christmas Cookie cutters on amazon: Wilton Mini Cookie Cutter set of 12 & Wilton 5-piece Mini Cookie Cutters (This post contains amazon affiliate links)