Pound Cake Muffins
I took one of my favorite recipes for pound cakes & made it in muffin form. Why? Well I hate waiting 1 hour for the pound cake to cook in the oven when I make it in a traditional bread loaf pan & with muffins these were done in under 20 minutes! I’m excited, now when I’m craving pound cake or I need a quick dessert I can make these muffins.
I think they would be great to use for making little strawberry shortcakes too!
- ½ cup (1 stick) salted butter
- ½ cup brown sugar, packed
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- powdered sugar for dusting (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a muffin pan or line with muffin liners, set aside.
- Cream butter & sugars together, add in egg. Mix in sour cream & vanilla. Add the flour, baking soda, & baking powder & mix well.
- Pour into prepared muffin pan, filling ¾ of the way full.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center of one comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan for 15 min. then transfer to cooling rack or plate, dust with powdered sugar (optional).