Pound Cake Muffins
I took one of my favorite recipes for pound cakes & made it in muffin form. Why? Well I hate waiting 1 hour for the pound cake to cook in the oven when I make it in a traditional bread loaf pan & with muffins these were done in under 20 minutes! I’m excited, now when I’m craving pound cake or I need a quick dessert I can make these muffins.
I think they would be great to use for making little strawberry shortcakes too!
Pound Cake Muffins
Recipe type: Dessert
- ½ cup (1 stick) salted butter
- ½ cup brown sugar, packed
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- powdered sugar for dusting (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a muffin pan or line with muffin liners, set aside.
- Cream butter & sugars together, add in egg. Mix in sour cream & vanilla. Add the flour, baking soda, & baking powder & mix well.
- Pour into prepared muffin pan, filling ¾ of the way full.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center of one comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan for 15 min. then transfer to cooling rack or plate, dust with powdered sugar (optional).
These are awesome! I hate making loaf cakes because I always have trouble judging when they are through baking. Happy New Year!
Thanks Megan! Happy New Year to you too!
Can these be frozen? My husband loves pound cake and he’s always buying them from our local place and I think he’d love these.
Hi Sharon, Yes you can freeze these just wrap them tightly in plastic wrap and place in a heavy duty freezer bag for up to 3 months.
Sharon l says
Thank you. I’m going to the store tomorrow and I’ll pick up the ingredients to make them and surprise him :)
Also would Greek yogurt work rather than sour cream?
Hi Sharon, You can use yogurt but it will give it a different taste. I did not like the flavor but some might.
Fran Plott says
I just made these to use in strawberry shortcake. Oh my goodness, how delicious! I added a bit more vanilla and an equal amount of almond flavoring. I doubled the recipe and came out with 16 muffins.
Hi Fran, So glad the recipe worked out for your strawberry shortcake! Thanks for taking the time to comment, we appreciate it.
These are delicious and my husband loved them. The only thing is they are a bit dry. Any suggestions?
Hi Sharon, Maybe add a little bit more sour cream/yogurt to the recipe or do not bake for as long.
Thank you. I’ll try that. We love them either way. I’m working on getting a website. Would it be ok if I link to yours? I’m going to have a section for recipes.
Sure you can. Thanks for commenting we appreciate the feedback! Glad you liked them.
Would chocolate chips work well in these?
Hi, I think chocolate chip should work for these. Love that idea. Thanks.