I have been trying to recreate the sugar coated cookies from the grocery store for awhile now……..this is it, but MUCH better! They are soft and chewy.
Some of you might know that I am the sister who loves chocolate, but I LOVE this recipe!!! Anyways this recipe is super easy and most people will have the ingredients on hand. You can roll these cookies in regular sugar, it doesn’t have to be colored. I did pink and red because valentine’s day in around the corner and thought they would look good.
Sugar dipped Sugar Cookies Recipe
Recipe type: Dessert
Serves: 14 cookies
- ¾ cups sugar
- 7 tablespoons butter (soft)
- 1¼ cups flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- *1 cup of sugar (regular or colored) for dipping dough in
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In large bowl cream butter and sugar together. In small bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt. Mix in vanilla and egg to butter mixture in large bowl and slowly add the flour mixture. Mix until well combined.
- Shape dough into 1½ inch balls then dip/roll in the additional sugar and place on parchment lined baking sheets (press dough down a little bit so it's a smooshed circle)
- Bake for 10-12 mins. then let cool
These are so pretty! I love sugar cookies and can’t wait to try this version!