Kentucky Butter Cake in a Bundt Pan. Light & fluffy, super moist. Packed with buttery flavor. Topped with a buttery glaze.
Sometimes I’m just in the mood for a cake without frosting…for times like those this cake is perfect! This cake recipe is a one bowl recipe, you just dump all the ingredients for the cake into a bowl & mix it up with an electric mixer. Then pour it in the pan & bake it!
I love the rich buttery glaze that you pour on top of the cake…which then ends up being on the bottom of the cake when you flip it over out of the pan.
I think this cake has the perfect ratio of butter & sweetness.
*Tips* I heavily coated my bundt pan with vegetable oil, pouring the oil into the pan then using a paper towel to make sure every area got coated. Then I lightly coated the inside with flour, shaking out the excess flour over the sink. If you have a mini (6 cup) bundt pan & would like to make half a recipe reduce baking time to 35-40 minutes. Let cake cool completely in pan with glaze on top. I used my mesh strainer to dust the cake with powdered sugar. Also if you don’t have buttermilk on hand, regular milk will work just fine.
- 1 cup salted butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt (optional, I didn't add any since I used salted butter)
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk (or regular milk)
- ⅓ cup salted butter
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease a 12 cup bundt pan & lightly flour.
- Combine all cake ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Mix with electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds, then increase speed & mix for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 55-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes on clean. Top will be golden brown. Let cake set in pan.
- Prepare Glaze by heating ingredients on the stove top in a saucepan. Heat over medium heat until butter is melted.
- Poke holes using a butter knife into the top of warm cake. Pour glaze over top of cake.
- Let glaze set. Once cake is cool flip it over onto a plate. Serve.
Recipe adapted slightly from allrecipes.com
This post contains amazon affiliate links.