Sour Cream Drop Cookies: super moist, sprinkled with cinnamon & drizzled with a buttery glaze.
I’m a big fan of old fashioned cookie recipes. This recipe is a classic & reminds me of the sugar cookies my Grandma used to make when she was still alive. Sometimes she would sprinkle the tops with colored sugars, especially if it was around a holiday that she was making them.
These cookies are soft & moist when you bite into them.
If your not a fan of cinnamon or you want a more classic style sugar cookie then you can omit the cinnamon that I sprinkled on top of my sour cream cookies before baking. I just love cinnamon & thought it would give it a little extra flavor.
- ½ cup butter (1 stick) softened (I used salted)
- 1½ cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- pinch of salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- -cinnamon for top is optional-
- 4 Tablespoons butter, melted (I used salted)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 Tablespoon milk
- Preheat oven to 400 F. degrees.
- Cream butter & sugar together in mixing bowl with electric mixer. Add in egg one at a time & mix. Add vanilla & sour cream, mix until creamy. Add flour, salt, baking powder, & baking soda, mix well.
- Drop cookie dough onto ungreased cookie sheet by the spoonful about 2" apart. Sprinkle tops with cinnamon if desired.
- Bake 12 minutes or until edges are just starting to brown a little.
- Prepare warm glaze by melting the butter in bowl then stirring all the ingredients together until powdered sugar is dissolved. Drizzle over the top of warm cookies (if glaze thickens up in between batches put in the microwave to warm up again). You may need to add more milk/powdered sugar to reach the right consistency.
- Let cookies cool, then enjoy.
Hi! Approx how many cookies does this recipe make? Thanks
Hi Rebekah, This recipes makes 3-4 dozen cookies.
Is the dough too soft, to roll it into a small ball, so I can roll it in course sugar
Hi Pat, the dough is pretty soft & sticky so I’m not sure if they would roll well.