Amish Cinnamon Muffins using the quick alternative Amish Friendship Bread Recipe I have posted.
I used to love making Amish Friendship Bread but if you’ve ever made it before then you know the process is very time consuming. When I found a quick alternative recipe I was so excited. I make it all the time. Now don’t tell anyone but honestly I think it tastes better then the real Amish Friendship Bread Recipe.
One of our readers told me that she uses the Amish Cinnamon Bread Recipe I have posted to make mini loaves so I got to thinking that this recipe would be pretty neat if they were in muffin form. Bonus points that it takes less then half the time to bake in muffin form vs a loaf pan. You can still put the cinnamon & sugar mix in the middle of the muffins & swirl it & you can sprinkle it on top. :)
Recipe makes about 12 muffins. The muffins don’t rise much so you will want to fill the muffin cups almost full with batter. If you don’t have buttermilk you can make your own by adding about 1 Tablespoon on vinegar to the milk & letting it set for 5-10 min. until it starts to curdle. You can also just use regular milk for this recipe, I have done that before.
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup buttermilk (or 1 cup milk plus 1 tablespoon vinegar or just use regular milk)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Cinnamon/Sugar Mixture:
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 F. degrees, grease a muffin tin.
- Cream butter, sugar, vanilla, and egg together. Add milk, flour, & baking soda & mix well.
- In a separate bowl mix ⅓ cup sugar and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon together to create the cinnamon/sugar mixture.
- Pour muffin tins half full of batter. Then sprinkle with cinnamon/sugar mixture. Add more batter to fill almost to the top of muffin pan. Then sprinkle tops with remaining cinnamon/sugar mix.
- Swirl batter around using a toothpick in the muffin cups.
- Bake at 350 F. degrees for 20-25 min. or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let cool for a few minutes in pan then move to cooling rack.