Soft Extra Thick Brown Sugar Cookies.
- 1½ cups all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup salted butter (1 stick) semi cold*
- ⅓ cup + 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375 F. degrees.
- Use an electric mixer to cream brown sugar, sugar, & semi cold butter*(you want the butter pretty cold, I took mine from the frig, microwaved it for 7-8 seconds, cut it into 8 pieces then added it to the bowl).
- Add egg & vanilla, mix.
- In a separate bowl mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, & salt together. Add to the creamed butter/sugar. Beat with mixer until everything is mixed in.
- Scoop by the tablespoon (golf ball sized) & drop onto greased cookie sheet. (I used a large cookie scoop/ice cream scoop). Don't touch the dough with your hands or it will warm it up too much. If you want to use your hands then you will need to place the cookie sheet in the frig for 20 min. before baking so the cookies don't go flat.
- Bake 14-16 minutes until the edges are just starting to brown.
Sometimes I just crave a chocolate chip cookie without the chocolate. Okay, weird I know. I think you have to fit into 1 of 3 categories to appreciate a chocolate chip cookie without the chocolate:
1. You don’t like chocolate or you can live without it
2. Your allergic to or have a sensitivity to chocolate
3. Your just curious about what a chocolate chip cookie would taste like without the chocolate
My sister was making a batch of extra thick chocolate chip cookies & she set some of the dough aside & baked some without chocolate chips in them for me. I loved them & decided to make them again.
Makes about 8 large cookies. This is half of the original recipe so if you want more then one cookie sheet of cookies you can double the recipe.