It’s that time of year again…..pumpkin, pumpkin, pumpkin everything! These Pumpkin Blondies are hands down my favorite pumpkin dessert!
Now if you look at the ingredients you see there is not a large amount of pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon in these. Feel free to add more, but the brown sugar frosting gives these an amazing flavor and if you add too much spice it will overpower the frosting.
Make these and get a big jug of apple cider and your all set for fall!
- ½ cup melted butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- ⅛ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup butter
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8x8 pan.
- With mixer combine butter and sugar until combined, add in egg and vanilla. Mix in salt, flour, pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon until batter is smooth. Spread in greased pan.
- Bake for 25-30 mins until center is cooked. Let cool.
- For the frosting, melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the brown sugar and milk and stir until it comes to boil (you can turn the heat to medium high if it's taking too long to boil). Remove from heat and let cool for 5 mins. Whisk in powdered sugar. Spread on top of blondies and allow frosting to set for 5 mins, then cut.