I love banana bread but I think I like this a lot better! It’s so moist and the cream cheese frosting is amazing with it.
My husband is turning 40 at the end of this month and he won’t tell me what kind of cake he wants, so I have been “trying” different cakes out on him so he can decide :) We don’t have in narrowed down yet because he likes all of them! Maybe he is telling me that so that I keep making more cakes? lol
If you want the frosting thicker add a little more powdered sugar or less for thinner frosting.
- 1½ cups mashed bananas (about 2 bananas)
- ¾ cup butter soft
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 cups white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3½ cups confectioners sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or vanilla paste
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Grease and flour a 9x13 inch pan. In a large bowl mash the bananas and then cream butter, sour cream and sugar in. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in vanilla. In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Slowly add in the flour mixture alternately with the milk into the large bowl. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 55-60 mins, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Remove from oven and place directly into freezer for 45 minutes. (This will make the cake very moist.)
- For the frosting: In a large bowl, cream ½ cup butter and cream cheese until smooth. Beat in 1 teaspoon vanilla. Add confectioners sugar and beat on low speed until combined, then on high until frosting is smooth. Spread on cooled cake.