Cinnamon & Sugar Shortbread Bars made with only 5 ingredients!
I’ve been on a roll lately with adding cinnamon to everything. First I made old fashioned sugar cookies & sprinkled cinnamon on top of them then I made Cinnamon Crunch Bread. Now I bring you one of my favorite quick & easy recipes with a twist. I make my sister’s recipe for classic shortbread all the time because it only takes 4 ingredients. Four very very basic ingredients that everyone probably already has stocked in their kitchen. With this recipe I just decided to add cinnamon to the sugar I already sprinkle on top. I really like the extra flavor it adds. I love cinnamon & sugar treats!
These turn out really soft & a little crumbly.
Makes an 8×8″ pan of shortbread, 9 pieces if you cut them into squares. Recipe can easily be doubled to 9×13″ pan, may need longer cooking time though.
- ½ cup melted butter (I used salted)
- 1 teaspoons vanilla
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1¼ cups all purpose flour
- For topping:
- 1½ tablespoons sugar
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees
- Stir butter, sugar and vanilla together in small bowl. Add flour and mix until it all sticks together.
- Press dough into ungreased 8x8" pan (I use the back of a spoon).
- Take a fork and poke holes all over the top.
- Mix cinnamon/sugar topping together and sprinkle over the top.
- Bake for 20-25 mins, just until the edges start to get slightly golden.
- Let cool before serving.