These pumpkin cupcakes are just the perfect mix of pumpkin and cinnamon, plus they are really moist.
Feel free to add more or less spice to these. I still like to get the pumpkin flavor and I feel like a lot of the recipes are heavy on the spices and you loose the pumpkin flavor. The cinnamon cream cheese frosting is AMAZING too!
I made the cupcake and my 10 year old daughter frosted these all by herself, all I did was sprinkle a little cinnamon on the top before I took the pictures. I love that we are homeschooling and have the extra time to do stuff like this together. :)
Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Recipe type: Dessert
- 2¼ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- ⅔ cup milk
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1¼ cup pumpkin pure
- 1 package of cream cheese 8oz, soft
- ½ cup soft butter
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1-3 teaspoon milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease or line 20 muffin cups.
- Mix together flour, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, salt, baking power and soda, then set aside. In another large bowl mix oil, white and brown sugar on medium until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, milk, sour cream and pumpkin. Slowly add in the flour mixture until combined. Pour the batter into the lined muffin cups. Fill about ¾ full. Bake for 22-25 mins or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool before frosting.
- For the frosting, mix cream cheese and butter on medium until smooth. Then add in vanilla and cinnamon, slowly add in powdered sugar. Add milk until you get your desired consistency.
- Frost and serve.
Megan - The Emotional Baker says
I love that your daughter frosted these :) She’s so lucky her school day involves cupcakes! I have to make pumpkin cupcakes this season – yum!
pumpkin harvest says
These look very yummy. I love pumpkin and grow several different kinds of pumpkins and squash each year. I might have to try these with squash.
Thank you! If you try it with the squash let me know how they turn out :)