Soft Sugar Cookies
I am always looking for a new sugar cookie recipe to try. Sugar cookies are my favorite! I like this recipe because it’s simple & easy to whip up. There is one odd thing about this recipe that makes it special, it calls for starch in the ingredient list. I used potato starch but it is not always easy to find at all grocery stores, corn starch & tapioca starch all work the same. You can find corn starch at all grocery stores. I think it helps to give these cookies a melt in your mouth soft taste.
Good, soft, simple buttery sugar cookie.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter softened, I used salted
- 1¼ cup sugar
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup potato starch (or corn or tapioca starch)
- ½ + ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 2½ cups all purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 375 F. degrees.
- Cream butter & sugar together. Add vanilla & eggs & mix in. Add flour, starch, & baking soda. Mix until soft dough forms.
- Scoop dough into 1-1.5" balls & place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10-15 minutes.
- Dust tops with powdered sugar if desired.