Norwegian Butter Cookies (Spritz)
I love making spritz cookies aka cookie press cookies. I have an old Mirro Cookie Press that is just like the one I used to use when I was a kid. You can use any cookie press, I know Amazon sells several different brands now. You don’t even have to use a cookie press to make these but I think it makes it easier & prettier. You could pipe out the cookie dough if you wanted or make these drop cookies flattened with the bottom of a glass.
I think these Norwegian Butter Cookies make for a good addition to any Christmas Cookie collection although they can be made year round. They are a rich buttery cookie that is soft in texture. I add colored sprinkles to the top & I also make them by sprinkling cinnamon & sugar on top. The recipe is easy to make with only 5 ingredients. I end up with about 25 cookies.
Be careful that you push out enough dough for each one or it will not stick to the cookie sheet like it should. If your looking for a cookie press Amazon has the Oxo Good Grips Cookie Press & the Wilton Cookie Press both come with pattern discs.
- ½ cup butter, softened (I used salted)
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1¼ cup all purpose flour
- sprinkles (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 F. degrees.
- Cream butter & sugar together hand mixing. Stir in egg and vanilla extract.
- Mix in flour.
- Fill cookie press fitted with patterned disk. Press cookie dough onto ungreased cookie sheet. Top with sprinkles (optional)
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until cookies look set.
This post contains amazon affiliate links.