This is my number one favorite chocolate cake recipe! I just made it for myself for my birthday yesterday. I would seriously cry if I ever lost this recipe, but now that I’ve posted it on here, I never have to worry about that. It’s really easy, super moist and very chocolatey, with a chocolate ganache icing.
Sorry about the bad pictures of this, it really is a pretty cake, but I didn’t take pictures until we had already eaten half of it and used a plastic knife to cut it.
If you don’t have buttermilk on hand, then just add 2 teaspoons of white vinegar to regular milk and let it sit for a few mins before adding it to the mix.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup soft butter
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 2½ cups of flour (cake flour preferred)
- 1 cup dutch cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup chocolate pudding (small box)
- 2¼ cups buttermilk
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 9 oz semi sweet chips
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees convection or 325 regular. Grease and flour bundt or tube pan.
- Mix sugar, butter and vanilla together, then add in eggs. Mix in flour, cocoa, soda, salt, pudding and buttermilk. If you don't have buttermilk, add 2 teaspoons of white vinegar to regular milk and use that instead. Once mixed well, add chocolate chips and stir.
- Pour into greased and floured pan. Bake for 55-65 mins or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool completely before icing.
- To make the icing, put chocolate chips in medium size bowl, put cream in small sauce pan,
- heat cream over medium heat, just until it starts to boil. Pour cream over chocolate chips
- stir until it turns dark and creamy. Drizzle over cake.