My daughter is a cornbread connoisseur and she has “approved” this recipe. I have tried dozens of cornbread and cornbread muffin recipes for her and this is her favorite.
My in laws have a cottage in Northern Wisconsin that we spend a lot of time at in the summer and there is a restaurant up there that makes cornbread that she loves. When we eat there I just order her a glass of milk and a double order of cornbread, I know I’m a terrible mother haha!
I used to buy Jiffy for years and years, I had no idea that homemade cornbread muffins were just as easy as the boxed stuff.
Honey Cornbread Muffins
Recipe type: Bread
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup milk (whole or 2 percent)
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- additional 1 tablespoon melted butter and 1 tablespoon honey for brushing on top
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees, Line muffin pan with 12 liners.
- In a medium bowl, mix the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt. In large bowl, whisk together milk, eggs, butter, and honey. Add dry ingredients into large bowl, stir until just mixed.
- Evenly divide the cornbread mixture into the papers. They will be filled about ¾ of the way.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes or until the top is lightly golden.
- Mix the 1T of melted butter and 1 T of honey in small bowl and brush on top of muffins when they come out of the oven (optional)
A small muffin in the morning will be the best for me. But I’ll lost time if go out to buy. :D This recipe will help me to make by myself and I hope it will be good tasty :d
Hope you like it Emily! Let us know if you give it a try! :)
This is my favorite cornbread muffin too.
Hi Jill, I’m so glad you like it :)