Hamburger Buns (Dairy Free)
My favorite Hamburger Buns & they also happen to be dairy free. They use water instead of milk & vegetable oil instead of butter.
This is my go-to hamburger bun recipe & it also happens to be dairy free. Quite frequently when I make this recipe I end up making half a batch of hamburger buns (about 6) & half a batch of cinnamon rolls (in an 8×8 pan). This recipe is pretty versatile I think it works good for buns & cinnamon rolls. If you want to make half cinnamon rolls just roll half the dough out (I use a rolling pin) into a rectangle, sprinkle with a mixture of cinnamon & sugar, roll it up into a log, slice & place in a 8×8″ baking dish. Bake for about 22-25 minutes. Top with frosting if desired or eat plain with butter spread on it.
This recipe is from my sister but after she made it for me one time I’ve been making them for myself ever since. When I found out she never shared it on our blog I knew I must post it asap!
- 2¼ teaspoons yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- 4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Add ingredients to bowl or bread machine in order above.
- Mix/knead dough using your favorite method (by hand, using a stand mixer with dough hook, or a bread machine). Knead dough for 8-10 min. or until it feels smooth & elastic but still a little tacky. You may need to add a little extra flour or water to get the right consistency.
- Let dough rise for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Divide dough into small balls & flatten into round circled bun shapes. Bun size varies on preference I think I usually make 12-15 buns. Place on greased cookie sheet.
- Let rise for 1 hour or until double in size.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake for 15-20 or until buns are golden brown.