Ginger Spice Spritz Cookies (Christmas Cookies).
Ginger Spice Spritz Cookies made the perfect addition to the boxes of Christmas Cookies that I am giving away this year. These Ginger Spritz Cookies are made without molasses, they just have brown sugar in them. The cookies are soft & spicy. They contain ginger, cinnamon, & vanilla to give them flavor.
These cookies are simple to make. You will need a cookie press to make them & the pattern disc. Be careful that you push out enough dough for each cookie or it will not stick to the cookie sheet like it should. If the dough is giving you problems you could try chilling it for 20 minutes or so in the refrigerator. I never have any trouble with mine coming out nicely but I know some people do. A whole batch makes about 2 full cookie sheets worth (about 40).
I love this time of year because I get to use my vintage Mirro cookie press but Wilton & several other brands make them nowadays. I use it every Christmas to make Christmas Tree Spritz Cookies too. If your looking for a cookie press Amazon has the Oxo Good Grips Cookie Press & the Wilton Cookie Press both come with pattern discs.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened (I used salted)
- ⅔ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon ginger powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon powder
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 2¼ cups all purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- (add ⅛ teaspoon salt if not using salted butter)
- -sprinkles (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 F. degrees.
- In a mixing bowl stir together butter, brown sugar, egg, ginger, cinnamon, & vanilla. Stir in flour & baking powder.
- Load dough into cookie press. Press out the cookies onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Add sprinkles (optional).
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
This post contains amazon affiliate links.
Leave a Comment