First of all let me start my saying these are the best things ever!!!! Kind of a cross between a cookie and a truffle. No nuts either, just chocolate chips.
I took a bunch of cookies to a get together and these were the ones that were gone first.
These will not spread or get larger, so you can cram a bunch on a cookie sheet.
The first time you roll the cookies in the powdered sugar it will kind of melt on them and look like this. That’s why you let them cool and roll them again.
- 1 cup soft butter
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ½ tablespoon water
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder (dutch if you have it)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2¼ cups flour
- a pinch of salt
- ¾ cup mini chocolate chips
- 1-2 cups powdered sugar for rolling
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- With electric mixer, combine butter, water and sugar together. Then mix in cocoa and vanilla. Mix in flour and pinch of salt. Keep mixing until in the dough comes together, then add in mini chips. The dough may be a little crumbly.
- Scoop 1-1/2 tablespoons of dough and gently from into a ball and place on cookie sheet.
- Bake 6-9 mins. Let cool for 5 minutes, then roll dough into powdered sugar and place on parchment paper. Let cookies cool all the way and roll them a second time in the powdered sugar.