Cinnamon Swirl Sour Cream Pound Cake.
I took my favorite recipe for Sour Cream Pound Cake and added cinnamon & sugar to it. The end result reminds me of a moist coffee cake. This would be good to serve at breakfast.
If you don’t like cinnamon you can skip adding the cinnamon & sugar mix and just make a vanilla pound cake instead. It tastes really good sliced with strawberries on top. We use it to make strawberry shortbread in the summer with fresh strawberries.
You will need a loaf pan to make the pound cake. Pyrex makes my favorite clear glass 1.5 quart loaf pan.
Cinnamon Swirl Sour Cream Pound Cake
- ½ cup (1 stick) salted butter
- ½ cup brown sugar, packed
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- -Cinnamon & Sugar Mix-
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a loaf pan, set aside.
- Mix cinnamon & sugar mix together in small bowl and set aside.
- Cream butter & sugars together (by hand or with mixer), add in egg. Add baking powder, baking soda, half the flour & mix well. Mix in sour cream & vanilla. Add the remaining flour & mix well.
- Pour ½ the batter into prepared loaf pan. Sprinkle with cinnamon & sugar mix, then cover with the second ½ of the batter.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan for 15 min. then transfer to cooling rack or plate, slice when completely cooled.
Post contains amazon affiliate links
Leave a Comment