Butter Cake Sugar Cookies with a buttery glaze.
This buttery sugary cookie is a favorite of mine. It produces a soft cake like cookie and the buttery glaze on top is delicious.
This recipe makes about 20-24 cookies but can be doubled to make a full batch. The recipe I share below fits on one cookie sheet for me. I use a half size cookie sheet pan which is: 13″ X 18″ X 1″ in size. FYI: If you are looking for good cookie sheets, Sam’s Club 2-pack of half sheets are my favorite and they only cost about $10 in store!
- ½ cup (1 stick) softened salted butter
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½ cups all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon water
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 F. degrees.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, stir softened butter, sugar, egg, & vanilla together. Stir in flour and baking powder.
- Roll into 1" balls or use a small cookie scoop and drop onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the cookies look set and edges are just barley browning.
- Let cool & then prepare glaze.
- To make the glaze, cut butter into a few pieces and place into small saucepan on top of stove, add sugar, water, and vanilla. Place on medium heat and stir until the butter melts down. Spoon glaze on to the cooled cookies.
This post contains amazon affiliate links. Adapted from cookies&cups.