Classic Peanut Butter Cookies.
I’m sharing with you a classic recipe for Peanut Butter Cookies. I have two peanut butter cookie recipes that I love! The other one I use often to make heart shaped peanut butter cookies and peanut butter blossom cookies.
There was a point in my life where just about the only cookies I would bake were peanut butter cookies. I would make them over and over again because I like them that much! Thankfully I did branch out and start making sugar cookies, etc. again.
I have to warn you the cookie dough is pretty sticky so I like to use a cookie scoop to drop the cookies onto the baking sheet. Then you flatten them down by making a criss cross shape across the top with a fork.
Makes about 24 cookies.
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup (1 stick) salted butter, softened
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1¼ cups all purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 375 F. degrees.
- In a mixing bowl add sugar, brown sugar, & butter together & stir beat with an electric mixer until creamy. Add peanut butter, egg, & vanilla & mix until smooth & creamy.
- Add flour, baking powder & baking soda & mix until well combined.
- Scoop into 1.5 inch balls & place on ungreased cookie sheets. Flatten each ball using a fork making a criss-cross pattern on top.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until edges start to slightly brown. (Don't over bake or your cookies will turn out hard).
post contains amazon affiliate links.
Hi. Could you use crunchy peanut butter. That’s all I buy. I prefer it.
Hi Ade, Yes you can use crunchy peanut butter to make the cookies. Thanks.