Cinnamon Churro Donut Bundt Cake.
I took my favorite recipe for Baked Vanilla Donuts, baked it in a mini bundt cake pan and covered it with tons of cinnamon and sugar. This recipe reminds me of a giant churro donut because it’s smothered in cinnamon and sugar like churros and I love churros! Therefor I call this recipe Cinnamon Churro Donut Bundt Cake.
I used a mini (6 cup) bundt cake pan which is half the size of a normal bundt cake. If you want to make this recipe in a regular full size (12 cup) bundt cake pan then just double the recipe.
FYI: This recipe makes really good baked donuts too.
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (I used soybean oil)
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg (optional)
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons melted butter (for brushing)
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease 6 cup bundt pan with oil or cooking spray.
- Whisk together the sour cream, egg, vanilla, oil, butter & sugar in a bowl.
- Add flour, soda, salt, & nutmeg (optional) & stir together until well combined.
- Fill pan with batter & bake for 20-23 minutes or until the top is springy to the touch & the sides are turning golden brown. Remove from oven & let cool in pan for 5-10 minutes then transfer to cooling rack. Make the cinnamon & sugar topping.
- For the cinnamon & sugar coating: Melt 2 Tablespoons of butter in microwave. Mix cinnamon & sugars together in a bowl. Brush the cake top and sides with butter, sprinkle with cinnamon & sugar mix.
post contains amazon affiliate links.
Leave a Comment