Bakery Style Big Peanut Butter Cookies.
I love how bakery style cookies are always BIG. Sometimes it’s nice to just eat one big cookie instead of needing 3 or 4 to be satisfied. I used a large cookie scoop to make these cookies which scoops about 2.5 tablespoons of dough. If you don’t have a large cookie scoop you can just roll the dough into 2″ balls.
This is my favorite, favorite, favorite recipe for peanut butter cookies that I have been using for over 20 years. I use it to make so many variations of peanut butter cookies like peanut butter blossoms, etc.
Recipe makes about 14 large cookies.
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, melted (microwave for 25-30 seconds)
- ½ cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350 F. degrees.
- Using an electric mixer, mix sugar, brown sugar, & butter together until creamy. Add peanut butter, egg, & vanilla & mix until smooth & creamy.
- Add flour & baking soda & mix until well combined.
- Scoop or roll dough into 2 inch balls & place on ungreased cookie sheets. Flatten each ball using a fork making a criss-cross pattern on top.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until edges start to slightly brown.
post contains amazon affiliate link