Cinnamon & Sugar Sour Cream Cookies.
I needed inspiration for a new recipe, I was tired of all my go-to cookie recipes so I started looking through vintage 1960’s cookbooks. I love vintage! Anyways I adapted this recipe from one of the cookbooks from 1967. This recipe makes soft gooey sour cream cookies topped with cinnamon and sugar. I’m glad I found inspiration!
I like to use a cookie scoop to drop the dough onto the cookie sheet, big time saver for me.
Makes about 40 small cookies.
- ½ cup (1 stick) salted butter (softened)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- -For Topping-
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 F. degrees. Grease cookie sheets.
- Cream butter and sugar together. Add egg, sour cream, and vanilla.
- Stir in dry ingredients.
- Drop by the tablespoon full (about 1" balls) onto greased cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle tops with cinnamon & sugar mixture.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
post contains amazon affiliate link