Cinnamon Sugar Cookies.
Sugar cookies topped with a spoonful of cinnamon and sugar. I have always loved the combination of cinnamon and sugar. When I was a kid I loved cinnamon toast crunch cereal, snickerdoodles, churros, etc. Not much has changed, I still love all those cinnamon and sugar foods.
Cinnamon actually has health benefits for the body like the fact that it is loaded with antioxidants, has anti-inflammatory properties, lowers blood sugar levels, & helps fight fungal and bacterial infections just to name a few. I was recently sick with a cold virus and was making homemade fresh ginger tea daily and adding cinnamon to it to help fight off the cold.
I used a large cookie scoop to make these cookies so the recipe made 12 large cookies.
- 2 cups flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 11 tablespoons soft salted butter (1 stick but 3 tablespoons)
- ½ cup plus 2.5 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 F. degrees.
- In small bowl mix flour and baking powder together.
- In large bowl with mixer, cream together the butter and sugar, add in eggs & vanilla until well combined. Slowly add in the flour mixture.
- Scoop dough and roll into 2" balls. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Use the bottom of a glass dipped in cinnamon/sugar to press dough down slightly.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon & sugar onto the tops of cookies generously.
- Bake at 350 F. degrees for 11-13 mins or until they are just slightly browning around bottom edges.
post contains amazon affiliate links.