Coffee Cake Cookies.
Coffee Cake Cookies have quickly become my new *favorite* cookie. I have been eating these for breakfast lately. If you like coffee cakes then I think you will like this recipe because they have a lot of the same flavor just a little bit different in cookie form vs. cake.
You can use your thumb to make the thumbprint indentation or the back of a spoon. You make the indentation so you can fill the dough with the crumb topping so it doesn’t fall off the cookie as it bakes.
Recipe makes about 40 cookies. This recipe also works well if you only want to make half a batch, I have cut the recipe in half before. I also vary the size of the cookies, sometimes I make large 2.5 Tablespoon size cookies vs 1 tablespoon size.
- 4 cups all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup plus 6 tablespoons soft salted butter
- 1⅓ cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- -For Crumb Topping-
- 2½ Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2½ Tablespoons packed brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 tablespoon salted butter, melted
- ¾ cups all purpose flour (may need a little more)
- Preheat oven to 350 F. degrees.
- Make the crumb topping: combine sugars, cinnamon, melted butter, & flour; stir well. If your crumb topping is still too wet add a little more flour. You want it to be a consistency you can easily crumble between your fingers. Set aside.
- In small bowl mix flour and baking powder together. In large bowl with mixer, cream together the butter and sugar, add in eggs, & vanilla until well combined. Slowly add in the flour mixture.
- Take a tablespoon of dough, roll into ball and put on ungreased cookie sheet. Push your thumb down in the middle.
- Take a spoonful of crumb topping and fill thumbprint hole.
- Bake at 350 F. degrees for 11-13 mins. Remove from oven and let cool.