I just bought a new jar of organic wildflower honey and the first recipe I tried to make using it was Struffoli Italian Honey Balls but somehow that recipe failed so I moved on to something more simple. Cookies. Honey Cookies to be exact. Cookies are kind of my specialty so thankfully these turned out! Nobody likes to have 2 recipe fails in a row, it kind of makes you not want to bake for awhile.
This recipe for honey cookies makes soft flat cookies that are not chewy.
Recipe makes about 14 large cookies. I used a 2.6 Tablespoon cookie scoop to make large cookies. The dough is a little sticky to work with so a scoop helped out. If it’s too hard to work with refrigerate the dough for a little bit then scoop into balls and bake. The cookies flatten out a lot when baking so place them a couple inches apart on cookie sheet.
- 1 Large Egg
- ¼ Cup Wildflower Honey
- ⅔ Cup Salted Butter, Melted
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 2⅛ Cups All Purpose Flour
- Preheat oven to 350 F. degrees.
- In a mixing bowl combine butter, honey and sugar and mix until smooth.
- Add the egg and vanilla and mix well.
- Add flour and baking soda and stir until well incorporated.
- Scoop into balls and drop on ungreased cookie sheet a couple inches apart (they will flatten out).
- (If dough is too soft to work with refrigerate for 20-30 minutes. The dough is pretty soft and sticky with this recipe but I used a cookie scoop and didn't refrigerate my dough).
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the edges are starting to brown.
post contains amazon affiliate link.