Pure Butter Shortbread Fingers.
I love walker shortbread but I think it can be a little too hard and crunchy. So I make my own shortbread bars at home that turn out softer. They are made with 3 simple ingredients: salted butter, all purpose flour, and sugar (or brown sugar). I switch is up and make it with either sugar although lately I have been favoring the brown sugar because it is slightly sweeter. This recipe is really easy and quick to whip up so I make it often when I am short on time or feeling tired.
I bake these shortbread bars in a glass Pyrex 1.5 quart loaf pan that is 9×5″. The recipe below makes about 9 thick slices of shortbread. I slice when width wise in the loaf pan so they end up being about 4.5″ long. *Some recipes call for 1/2 cup of sugar instead of 1/4 cup if you want them to be more sweet & some people like to add vanilla, almond, etc. to flavor them. I just keep it simple.
- ½ cup salted soft butter (1 stick)
- ¼ cup sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1¼ cups all purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 325 F. degrees
- Mix butter & sugar together. Add flour and mix until it all sticks together.
- Press dough into 9x5" loaf pan (I use the back of a spoon).
- Take a fork and poke holes all over the top. .
- Bake for 25-27 mins, just until the edges start to get slightly golden.
- Let cool before serving.
post contains amazon affiliate link.